This article will walk through the banner, video and audio ads available with Futuri Streaming.
- Banner, video and audio ad overview
- Flighting banner ads and audio pre-roll through Futuri VIP Support
- Flighting banner ads and video pre-roll through Google DFP or AdsWizz (recommended)
While it is possible to have Futuri VIP Support upload ads for your Futuri Streaming player, we strongly recommend using Google Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP) or AdsWizz Audioserve for flighting ads to your Futuri products and other digital properties. Google DFP and AdsWizz allow you to control how many impressions each banner receives, rotate multiple pieces of creative in the same slot, and get instant access to impression and engagement numbers.
A couple of notes on choosing Google DFP, AdsWizz, or going directly through Futuri VIP Support:
- There is an additional charge to use AdsWizz with your Futuri platform (because we are re-licensing their software to you). Please contact your sales rep for more information.
- Pre-roll video ads MUST use Google DFP or AdsWizz.
- Google DFP does not support pre-roll audio, so if you want to use pre-roll audio, you can either use AdsWizz or go directly through Futuri VIP Support.
- AdsWizz does not support banner ads that are not tied to companion audio or video ads, but you can use Google DFP for this purpose, or you can go directly through Futuri VIP Support.
Banner, audio and video ad overview
Your Futuri Streaming player offers a 728x90 leaderboard ad on desktop, which is replaced by a 320x50 ad on mobile.
In addition, your streaming player offers the following pre-roll options, of which we'd recommend choosing ONE:
- Pre-roll video (we'd recommend 15 seconds or less) - This can have a companion banner ad that displays after the video finishes, or it can just be a standalone video ad.
- Pre-roll audio (we'd recommend 10 seconds or less) - This can have a companion banner ad that displays after the audio finishes, or it can just be a standalone audio ad.
Flighting banner ads and audio pre-roll through Futuri VIP Support
If your station chooses not to use Google DFP or AdsWizz, banner ads can be emailed to Futuri VIP Support along with the URL you want the banner(s) to click through to. You can rotate multiple pieces of copy with your streaming player.
If you need your banner ads to be dayparted or to have a start/end date, you should use Google DFP or AdsWizz instead.
If you want to play a short audio clip before a user joins your live stream, you can manage that in your Client Area under Advertising Tools > Insert a Pre-Stream Audio Clip.
Audio clips must be 128kbps or higher .MP3 or .WAV files, and you can rotate multiple pieces of copy. At this time, dayparted audio pre-rolls are not supported
If you need your pre-roll audio ads to have a specific start/end date, you should use AdsWizz (Google DFP does not support audio ads).
Flighting ads through Google DFP or AdsWizz (recommended)
For more information on flighting ads through these platforms, see the articles below: