#engage offers several voting features where users can be presented with a list of songs that they vote up or down in order to determine what will play on the air (including Takeover, Top Song, and FaceOff). The available songs are determined by you, and there are two ways to populate one of these playlists:
- CSV Upload - You can provide a spreadsheet (as a .CSV file) of your active library with any attributes you'd like to use for separation (i.e. category, sound code, era, vocalist), which is generated from your music scheduler and uploaded to the Futuri Control Room each time you update your rotation.
- "Autopop" - The top X songs played over the last Y days (with X and Y determined by you) are made available for voting. Because this type of playlist is based on your Now Playing feed, complicated separation goals such as category, sound code, and era are not possible. However, basic artist and title separation is still possible. You may find that an "autopop" list is easier to manage, especially if your station doesn't schedule music locally. Click here for more information on "autopop" playlists.
- Configuring the export for the first time
- Running the export
- Uploading the export to the Futuri Control Room
Configuring the export for the first time
From the Selector home screen, choose 8 - Reports
Scroll down to the first blank line in the list of report formats.
Click F4 to edit the report format, then hit 1 - Format, and this screen will open:
Set up the format as follows:
- Artist: Line 1, Column 1, Length 28, Font P
- Title: Line 1, Column 30, Length 40, Font P
- Song ID: Line 1, Column 72, Length 7, Font P (if your Song IDs are more or less than 7 characters, adjust the length accordingly)
- If your automation system is WideOrbit or SS32, configure a field for your automation category (i.e. MU1)
- For any other field you want to have separation goals for (i.e. Category, Category Level, Sound Code, Era, Vocalist, Tempo), configure those fields with the logic detailed below.
- For the additional fields, each one should be on Line 1 with Font P. The rest of the positioning should be based on the field before it. It's usually helpful to write out the columns on paper as you go, so you can keep track.
- For example, with the Artist / Title / Song ID fields listed above, you'll see that the Artist field's Column and Length equal 28, and the Title then starts at Column 30 (leaving Column 29 open for some punctuation that we'll get to later).
- Then, the Title's Column plus Length equals 70, and the Song ID starts at 72 (leaving Column 71 for punctuation).
- Since the Song ID's Column plus Length equals 79, you'd start the next field (i.e. Category) at Column 81, and its Length would be the length of that field (usually 1 or 2 for a Category).
Once you've filled out the fields, you'll need to add the punctuation that goes in between the fields. Hit F7 (Punctuation) to get to that screen, and add commas at the Columns needed based on your fields. Remember in the previous step, you left Columns 29, 71, and 80 open, so in this step, you'll add commas in those Columns (on Line 1, Length 1, Font P). See the screenshot below.
You'll also need to add commas between every other field that you've specified. When you're done adding your punctuation, hit F2 to Save, hit Escape, and then hit 5 - Parameters/Name, and give the Format a name (i.e. #engage Export). If this page gives you an option to remove the header, choose that too. Then, hit F2 to Save.
Next, you'll need to select the categories you want to include in your #engage playlist. First, create a Browse List with all the songs you would like to export. Start by selecting 1 - Library Management.
Then, select 4 - Browse/Conditional Changer:
Then, search for the categories or other characteristics to create a list of al the songs you want in your #engage playlist (separated by semicolon).
Once you have designated the categories you want, hit F2 - Start Browse.
Then, hit ALT-S to save the Browse List, give it a name (i.e. "#engage Categories") and hit F2 to save the list.
Running the export
When you export your playlist, you'll go to 8 - Reports from the main screen.
Scroll down to your LDR Export and hit F5. Then, select "Saved Browse List" (Alt G), choose your browse list, and hit Enter.
Hit F9 to export your list, then option 2 - Send to File. Next, hit F9 again, and hit option 6 - Jump to Print File Manager.
From the Print File Manager, hit F4 to copy, and then your cursor will be in a position to type the name of the playlist. The easiest thing to do would be C:\[filename].csv, i.e. C:\120115.csv. You could also create a folder on the C:\ drive for #engage exports if you wanted to. In that case, you would put C:\[foldername]\[filename].csv in Selector instead.
Once you have generated your playlist, upload it to the Futuri Control Room (see below).
Managing playlists in Control Room
After generating your playlist, log in to the Futuri Control Room. If you need credentials, please email Futuri VIP Support.
Once you’re logged in, perform the quick steps below:
1. Click Takeover Playlists from the #engage Playlists menu on the left.
2. Give the playlist a name.
3. Choose the file to upload.
4. Click the Upload button.
5. Change the Active status of your lists (if you want the new list to go live right now, Activate it and Deactivate any lists that shouldn’t be live right now). You can have multiple playlists active at a time, and you can also Delete old lists from here.
6. If you’re going to use different playlists at different times, select Playlist Scheduling from the menu on the left.
7. Set up “activation times” as needed, and/or swap out the list you need to replace so that the scheduling will do what it needs to do when the time comes.
8. Click Save Playlist Changes at the bottom of the page.