NOTE: There is currently a bug in Stratus that prevents this export from working properly for SS32 stations. If you are using SS32 with Stratus, you'll want to log in to Stratus using http://musicdev.cumulus.com instead of your regular Stratus URL to pull this report.
#engage offers several voting features where users can be presented with a list of songs that they vote up or down in order to determine what will play on the air (including Takeover, Top Song, and FaceOff). The available songs are determined by you, and there are two ways to populate one of these playlists:
- CSV Upload - You can provide a spreadsheet (as a .CSV file) of your active library with any attributes you'd like to use for separation (i.e. category, sound code, era, vocalist), which is generated from your music scheduler and uploaded to the Futuri Control Room each time you update your rotation.
- "Autopop" - The top X songs played over the last Y days (with X and Y determined by you) are made available for voting. Because this type of playlist is based on your Now Playing feed, complicated separation goals such as category, sound code, and era are not possible. However, basic artist and title separation is still possible. You may find that an "autopop" list is easier to manage, especially if your station doesn't schedule music locally. Click here for more information on "autopop" playlists.
To generate an #engage playlist in Stratus, navigate to Reports and choose Library Report.
Choose the .xls version, and click Set Parameters.
Once you download the report, you'll need to open it in Microsoft Excel (or another similar program) and remove the categories you don't want to have in #engage. We'd recommend right-clicking on the rows themselves and choosing Delete Row, rather than just deleting the contents of those rows.
Save the playlist as a Comma Delimited (CSV) file.
Once you've generated your playlist, you'll upload the list to the Futuri Control Room (see below).
Managing playlists in Control Room
After generating your playlist, log in to the Futuri Control Room. If you need credentials, please email Futuri VIP Support.
Once you’re logged in, perform the quick steps below:
1. Click Takeover Playlists from the #engage Playlists menu on the left.
2. Give the playlist a name.
3. Choose the file to upload.
4. Click the Upload button.
5. Change the Active status of your lists (if you want the new list to go live right now, Activate it and Deactivate any lists that shouldn’t be live right now). You can have multiple playlists active at a time, and you can also Delete old lists from here.
6. If you’re going to use different playlists at different times, select Playlist Scheduling from the menu on the left.
7. Set up “activation times” as needed, and/or swap out the list you need to replace so that the scheduling will do what it needs to do when the time comes.
8. Click Save Playlist Changes at the bottom of the page.